Submissions for our first ever Doc Market are open from 3rd December 2018 – 30th March 2019.
What is Doc Market?
Doc Market is an opportunity for filmmakers to meet with top decision makers including international funders, broadcasters, distributors and exhibitors. It offers a unique way to pitch your project through one to one meetings between pitchers and decision makers, for creative and financial discussions. Projects can range from feature documentaries, television, series or specialised factual genres and formats.
The Doc Market will be a hub for funding, sales and distribution of documentaries in Ireland and globally, and an incubator for nurturing domestic talent so that our industry can continue to thrive in the future.
Who can Apply?
- Doc Market is open to all documentary makers from any country.
- Submissions must be made through a production company.
- At least one film, TV or digital broadcast credit is essential.
- We will only accept one project submission per company.
- Your project can be at any stage of development, production, or post-production. Projects do not need to have financing already in place but must have a finance plan.
- We will expect all submissions to submit a 2-3 minute teaser/trailer/excerpt.
- Your projects must have an international appeal.
- Projects should be 50 mins + and may take any form or specialist focus, e.g. feature documentaries, television, series or specialised genres and formats.
There is a fee of £20 to submit your pitch to Doc Market. As this is a competitive process this does not mean you are guaranteed a slot. For information on the selection process and Doc Market in general, please see our useful information below.
Please read the following information carefully before completing an online application. This will provide all you need to know about Doc Market.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
If you would like to pitch a new project in Doc Fest Ireland’s Doc Market in 2019, please complete the following online form to register your interest.
All submissions must be in English.