The Docs Ireland Marketplace is an opportunity for filmmakers to meet with top decision makers including international funders, broadcasters, distributors and exhibitors on a one to one basis.
The Market is a hub for funding, sales and distribution of documentaries in Ireland and globally, and an incubator for nurturing domestic talent so that our industry can continue to thrive.
The Docs Ireland Marketplace is the only marketplace dedicated to documentary on the island of Ireland and provides an opportunity for filmmakers to pitch their project through carefully matchmade meetings organised by the Docs Ireland team.
- EARLY BIRD SUBMISSIONS OPEN (£10 Fee): Monday November 2nd 2020
- REGULAR SUBMISSIONS OPEN (£18 Fee): Monday January 18th 2021
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: Friday April 17th 2021
- Doc Market is open to all documentary makers from any country however at least one prior credit is essential.
- You must only submit one project submission. Submissions must be made through a production company.
- Your project can be at any stage of development.
- Projects do not need to have financing already in place but must have a finance plan.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you would like to apply to pitch a new project in Docs Ireland Doc Market in June 2021, you can do by:
- Paying the submission fee here (Early Bird Fee £10 available until Monday January 18th 2021)
- Once paid you will receive a confirmation email with your order number and a link to the application form.
- This is an online form. Simply include complete and submit.
- Click here for a sample of the online form.
We will expect all submissions to submit a 2-3 minute teaser/trailer/excerpt.
We can accept up to two project submissions per company.
Submitted projects should be 50+ minutes: feature documentaries, television, series or specialised genres and formats.
Before applying please read DOC MARKET FURTHER INFORMATION.