Join Translink for the 80's family classic 'Big' a film about a teenager Josh who after wishing to be made big, he wakes the next morning to find himself mysteriously in the body of an adult. This event is part of the ‘Incredible BIG Show’ to celebrate the official premiere of Glider.
After a wish turns 12-year-old Josh Baskin into a 30-year-old man, he heads to New York City and gets a low-level job at MacMillen Toy Company. A chance encounter with the owner of the company leads to a promotion testing new toys. Soon a fellow employee, Susan Lawrence, takes a romantic interest in Josh. However, the pressure of living as an adult begins to overwhelm him, and he longs to return to his simple, former life as a boy.
Join Translink on Saturday 1stSeptember for the ‘Incredible BIG Show’ outdoor cinema for special end of summer screenings, celebrating the official premiere of Glider, a new innovative mode of travel for Belfast.
Partnering with Belfast Film Festival this free event will screen in HD BluRay, three popular feel-good movies including superhero animation The Incredibles, 80s classic featuring Tom Hanks – Big; and musical blockbuster The Greatest Showman.
All screenings are free (however are subject to a booking fee of £1) but please reserve place/s in advance by clicking buy tickets.
- This is an outdoor event. Please wear suitable clothing. We of course will try and arrange the sun to come out but in the case of rain please bring waterproof clothing.
- Some deckchair seating will be provided, only on the paved areas of City Hall. Please bring your own seating, blankets, waterproof ground sheets.
- Family entertainment, sampling and special Glider giveaways will be on offer over the course of the day.
- Snacks and drinks willnotbe available to purchase on site so please come prepared… there are quite a few local shops surrounding Belfast City Hall.
- Portable Toilet facilities will be available on site.
- No alcohol on the premises
- Dogs are not allowed in the grounds of City Hall unless an assistance dog.
- All children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Belfast City Hall (cinema venue) is situated in close proximity to main public transport links including Metro services travelling to/from Belfast City Centre, Great Victoria Street Railway Station, Europa Buscentre and Belfast Central Station (Lanyon Place). Visit translink.co.uk to plan your journey by bus or train.
- There will be photographs taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography and consent will be collected. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser/photographer on the day.