Belfast One in association with Belfast Film Festival present Toy Story as part of our outdoor Summer Cinema at City Hall on Sunday 22nd July at midday. This is a classic landmark of huge advance and innovation in animation.
This amazing roller coaster of a film blends so well a lot of entertaining adventure and delightful humour, while its main strength definitely lies in the endless charisma of its unforgettable characters.
Woody, a traditional pull-string talking cowboy, has long enjoyed a place of honour as the favourite among six-year-old Andy’s menagerie of toys. Quick to calm their anxieties about being replaced by newer arrivals, Woody finds his own confidence shaken, and his status as top toy in jeopardy, upon the arrival of Buzz Lightyear, simply the coolest space action figure ever made. Woody plots to get rid of Buzz, but things backfire and he finds himself lost in the outside world with Buzz as his only companion. Joining forces to find their way home, the two rivals set out on an adventure that lands them in the clutches of Sid, a sadistic neighbourhood kid who is notorious for dismembering and reassembling “mutant” toys in his bedroom. As “guests” of Sid and his dog, Scud, the two fugitive toys forge a genuine friendship and learn that only through mutual trust and respect do they have any chance of survival.
Check out the full schedule of films for Summer Cinema at City Hall here.
All screenings are free (however are subject to a booking fee of £1). Please reserve your place in advance by clicking ‘buy tickets’.
- This is an outdoor event. Please wear suitable clothing. We of course will try and arrange the sun to come out but in the case of rain please bring waterproof clothing.
- Seating will not be provided so please bring your own seating, blankets, waterproof ground sheets.
- Snacks and drinks will not be available to purchase on site so please come prepared. There are a variety of shops/cafes surrounding Belfast City Hall.
- Toilet facilities will be available on site.
- No alcohol on the premises – there are plenty of nearby pubs for before or after the screenings!
- These events are sold out but there will be a limited amount of additional access on the day on a first come first served basis. We will try and accommodate as many people as possible.
- There will be photographs taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser on the day.
- If we’ve forgotten anything, don’t hesitate to get in touch!