As part of the outdoor Summer Cinema at City Hall, Belfast One in association with Belfast Film Festival present the exciting, funny, and poignant adventure, Up.
Co-directed by veteran Bob Peterson and Monsters, Inc. director Peter Docter, Up offers an impeccably crafted story told with wit and arranged with depth, as well as yet another visual Pixar treat. A feisty septuagenarian teams with a fearless wilderness ranger to do battle with a vicious band of beasts and villains.
Carl Fredricksen is a 78-year-old balloon salesman. His entire life, Carl has longed to wander the wilds of South America. Then, one day, the irascible senior citizen shocks his neighbours by tying thousands of balloons to his home and finally taking flight. But Carl isn’t alone on his once-in-a-lifetime journey, because stowed away on his front porch is an excitable eight-year-old wilderness explorer named Russell. Later, as the house touches down on the world’s second largest continent, Carl and his unlikely traveling companion step outside to discover that not only is their new front lawn considerably larger, but that the predators therein are much more ferocious than anything they ever faced back home.
Check out the full schedule of films for Summer Cinema at City Hall here.
All screenings are free (however are subject to a booking fee of £1). Please reserve your place in advance by clicking ‘buy tickets’.
- This is an outdoor event. Please wear suitable clothing. We of course will try and arrange the sun to come out but in the case of rain please bring waterproof clothing.
- Seating will not be provided so please bring your own seating, blankets, waterproof ground sheets.
- Snacks and drinks will not be available to purchase on site so please come prepared. There are a variety of shops/cafes surrounding Belfast City Hall.
- Toilet facilities will be available on site.
- No alcohol on the premises – there are plenty of nearby pubs for before or after the screenings!
- These events are sold out but there will be a limited amount of additional access on the day on a first come first served basis. We will try and accommodate as many people as possible.
- There will be photographs taken at this event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser on the day.
- If we’ve forgotten anything, don’t hesitate to get in touch!