Enter by 1 August for Short Films and 31 August for NI Independents (medium- and feature-length films made in Northern Ireland).
Our short film programme provides a platform for fledgling filmmakers from across the island of Ireland to showcase their work. The winning film receives a cash prize and a Belfast Crystal trophy.
Short film entries MUST be:
1.Under 20 minutes duration.
2.Completed between the following dates: 1 January 2021 – 1 August 2022.
3.Made in Ireland- or made by an IRISH writer/director.
4. Be submitted online.
5. Be Available for competition screening in, DCP or HD Quicktime.
6. (Format: QuickTime)
7. Size: 1920 x 1080, Wrapper: MOV or MP4, Codec: H264 or ProRes.
Bitrate: Between 50 and 100 MB/ps)
***DCP IS PREFERRED***
NI Independents MUST BE:
1. At least 30min in length (for short film submissions see above)
2. Completed between the following dates: 1 January 2021 – 1 August 2022.
3. Made and produced in Northern Ireland with the majority of the cast originating in Northern Ireland. It is important to note that this category focuses exclusively on Northern Irish film. If you have a film that does not meet these criteria but would like it to feature at our Festival, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Be available for screening in HD Quicktime
5. (Format: QuickTime)
6. Size: 1920 x 1080 • Wrapper: MOV or MP4 • Codec: H264 or ProRes • Bitrate: Between 50 and 100 MB/ps)
Find out more, including all terms and conditions, at https://filmfreeway.com/BelfastFilmFestival
For questions about film eligibility, please contact email@example.com