Docs Ireland has a lot to offer this November. A programme of ‘not to be missed’ – new cinema, short films and industry events providing a unique insight into the documentary making process.
A programme of fascinating new cinema including The 8th, Lost Boys: Belfast’s Missing Children, The Sheriff and world premiere of the new documentary about Martin McGuiness (in partnership with Foyle Film Festival and Cork International Film Festival).
For documentary lovers and makers alike, check out our programme of insightful workshops focussing on the making of documentaries, the emotional risks with Alison Millar and Trevor Birney (in partnership with Cork International Film Festival) and a co-production workshop about A Dog Called Money in partnership with Creative Europe Desk Northern Ireland.
For art lovers there are portrait documentaries on Henry Glassie by renowned Irish director Pat Collins, Tomorrow is Saturday – a portrait of Sean Hillen, and moving image work from Ireland – curated by AEMI.
There’s also our ever popular short film competition and oh so much more…..
- The 8th
- Martin McGuinness – I Fought, I Made Peace, I Made Politics
- Lost Boys: Belfast’s Missing Children
- The Sheriff
- The Dakota Entrapment Tapes
- Tomorrow is Saturday (Sean Hillen)
- Henry Glassie – Field Work
- 76 Days
- Docs Ireland Short Film Competition
- Work In Progress: Ceasefire Baby – A documentary about Lyra McKee
- Co-Production Case Study: A Dog Called Money
- The Emotional and Personal Risks of Documentary Filmmaking
- The Stuart Hall Project
- Partnership with Watch DOCS Film Festival, in Minsk, Belarus.
- Right Now I Want to Scream: Police and Army Killings in Rio – The Brazil-Haiti Connection
- Material Legacies – Artist Moving Image work from Ireland – curated by AEMI